Friday, July 3, 2020

Magazine Update: Lit Space's Second Anniversary!

Hi there! D.Z. here. I'm the teen founder and one of the current editors of Lit Space. I'm so excited to announce that today is the second anniversary of the creation of this online literary magazine! This started as a curiosity project - Can a few impulsive but creative teenagers really launch a functional litmag? Eventually, I learned that the answer was yes. 

Even though there were a few bumps on the road, like a changing team of editors and an unexpected hiatus in 2019, I'm proud to say that Lit Space is running smoothly, and I couldn't have done this without my friends' help and support. Here's a shout-out and big thank you to Vera, my fellow editor and an amazing friend. Without her, the creation of this year's Pride anthology would not have been possible. Her endless support and her dedication have always made being a part of the team behind Lit Space an absolutely wonderful experience. I also want to thank those of my friends who I've asked and encouraged to send in their work when submissions were running low, for helping keep Lit Space going and for putting up with my pestering. And here's another big thank you to everyone who reads Lit Space's publications, to everyone who follows our Instagram, to our awesome audience, without whom Lit Space couldn't truly be considered a platform for young creatives. 

I've learned and grown so much while working on this magazine, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this amazing, colorful, ever-inspiring Lit Space journey will lead in the future! Here's to two years, and many more. 

Lots of love,
D.Z.



No comments:

Post a Comment