Monday, August 17, 2020

Flash Fiction: A Dream, by Sofia M (MATURE CONTENT)

    I put on this roll on perfume or a lip gloss of sort, and I didn’t notice, but slowly my neck and chest started to turn red.
    It seemed scaly, but it wasn’t, it was a scale-like rash inside the skin, not broken out yet. A while passed, yet I ignored it. It wasn't really bothering me. 
    It began to itch, it burned a bit. I checked in the mirror once back home. There was blood accumulation on the left side of my chest, close to the beginning of the arm, but not yet there.
    It was all covered with spots of blood and its accumulation, but as I tried to touch it, I couldn’t. I couldn’t scratch it off either, it was under the skin, it was little puddles of blood under the skin. 
    I called the hospital with the house phone, not receiving  any treatment that would help. The call fell, and then they called me, but on my personal phone. 
    I started to get calls, random calls, with weird names of people I did not know. One of them said ‘soul mate’ and another that I remember said “Mike Teel.” I stopped answering the calls, figuring they were spam, but curious as to how the hospital knew my number.

No comments:

Post a Comment