Friday, February 5, 2021

Poetry: Serendipity, by Sarah Chaudhry

She knows what I’m thinking about, thinking about 

What do I think about?

I think about the love in my heart that pumps blood faster as my eyes fall on her smile,

the expression that never fails to warm me when the coldest nights grapple for my breath. 

I think about her honey-dewed irises, that spark with such a glimmering life and passion that it’s beyond comprehension. 

I think about her laugh, the best type of plague to fall ill to.

I think about her, for all of her laughter and cries and the touches under countless of midsummer nights that have become the best days of my life.

I think about loving her, and the black box that cost the best fortune resting in my pant pocket, waiting to be opened.  

 


Author's Note: The first line of the poem is a reference to the song "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood.  

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment