Monday, February 14, 2022

Poetry: A Simple Puzzle by Jaiden A

Can you solve me?
I may look simple,
as simple as dull words on a piece of paper.


Can you find my manual?
Will your eyes feast upon the supposed guide
that is calling for you to solve me?


Can you concentrate enough for your mind to cut into my tangled mess?
Because I am more than words lying lifelessly on paper,
more than syllables to be skimmed over.


I gleam and glow,
twinkling like stars in the abyss,
blazing past the void of creative dullness,
calling out to you, begging you to see the truth that glares brightly back.


I resonate with the tongue,
read me and I can gently be sung,
for I am a simple game that waits for none,


I breathe the word complexity,
I thrive off seeing you scratch your head,
rub your eyes, and yawn as you think about me,
as days later you beg me to reveal my secrets.


My work is done,
when you finally see me for what I am;


An endless game of cat and mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment